---- — Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. 'THIS DAY OF RECKONING HAS BEEN A LONG TIME IN COMING'
Feared Boston mob boss James "Whitey" Bulger is convicted for his part in 11 murders, after 16 years on the run.
2. DETAILS EMERGE IN HANNAH ANDERSON ABDUCTION
James Lee DiMaggio, who kidnapped the 16-year-old, apparently fired the first shot in the showdown with FBI agents who killed him.
3. WHY EGYPTIAN POLICE SCRAPPED PLANS TO EVICT PROTESTERS
Security forces decided against dispersing the crowds, fearing a "massacre" after ousted president Morsi's supporters flooded into two protest camps.
4. WHO'S BEING BLAMED FOR 44 MOSQUE DEATHS IN NIGERIA
The radical Boko Haram group wants to overthrow the government and impose Islamic law in this West African oil producer.
5. STUDY SUGGESTS INDUCED LABOR, AUTISM LINK
The strongest risks were in boys whose mothers' labor was started and hastened. They were 35 percent more likely to have autism, the study says.
6. BILLIONAIRE PUTS THE 'HYPE' IN 'HYPERLOOP'
After dropping hints for more than a year, Elon Musk unveils a concept for high-speed travel akin to the pneumatic tubes that transport capsules stuffed with paperwork in older buildings.
7. WHAT'S WRONG WITH STOP-AND-FRISK IN NYC
A judge says at least 200,000 stops were made without reasonable suspicion, the necessary legal benchmark.
8. CALIFORNIA ENSHRINES RIGHTS FOR TRANSGENDER STUDENTS
Public schools must let them use whichever restroom or locker room they prefer.
9. RACE CLAIMS DROPPED FROM PAULA DEEN LAWSUIT
A judge rules a white former restaurant manager has no standing; sexual harassment claims remain.
10. WHERE THE TRASH CANS MIGHT BE WATCHING YOU
London demands an ad company stop using high-tech garbage receptacles to track pedestrians.