TERRE HAUTE —
The Terre Haute Tailgate Taste-off, benefiting the United Way of the Wabash Valley, will be Saturday in the parking lot at Union Hospital Professional Office Building.
The schedule is:
• 7 to 8 a.m. — Tailgate competitors arrive.
• 10 a.m. — Judging begins.
• 11 a.m. — Tasting opens
• Awards announced.
Prizes awarded in categories of Starters, Side Dishes, Main Dishes and Fan Favorite.
• Entry fee — $50 for one 10- by 20-foot parking spot.
• Provide your own table/booth for workspace.
• All cooking needs to be done on premise.
• No electricity provided — May use camp stove, grill, etc.
• Disposable serving ware/napkins provided.
• Must make a minimum of 100 bite-sized portions.
• Starters, Main Dish, and Side dish judging based 50 percent on team spirit and 50 percent on food quality.