Indiana’s 24 state parks and eight reservoirs are celebrating Welcome Back Weekend, Friday through Sunday, May 3-5, with special outdoor recreational events and hands-on programs.
Welcome Back weekend events include:
• Morel Mushroom Festival at Brown County State Park
• A “Hound Hike” at Shakamak State Park
• Geocaching and evening music at Harmonie State Park
• Girl and Boy Scout Badge Day at Monroe Lake
• Outdoor cooking workshop at Ouabache State Park
• A look back at construction of the dams and reservoirs at Salamonie and Mississinewa Lakes
For a complete list of events and details, visit stateparks.IN.gov/5882.htm.
Additions to state parks include a new aquatic center at Prophetstown State Park, the opening of the McGee Cabin at Falls of the Ohio State Park to interpret black history, and trail improvements at O’Bannon State Park and other properties. More upgrades are listed at stateparks.IN.gov.
All fees will be in effect during Welcome Back weekend. Gate fees for most properties are $5 per in-state vehicle and $7 per out-of-state vehicle.
An annual entrance pass, which can be purchased at each property at the gate, costs $40 for a state resident and $20 for state residents ages 65 and older.