The Indiana Department of Natural Resources will be at the Indy Boat, Sport & Travel Show through Feb. 23 with plenty to offer, including promotions that make enjoying the outdoors more affordable and educational nature programs.
For only $99, the SPR GO! Trails and Waves Package offers Hoosiers:
• An annual Entrance Pass to Indiana’s 32 state parks and reservoirs.
• A 12-month subscription to Outdoor Indiana magazine.
• A 2014 Motorized Lake Permit.
• Your choice between a $40 gift card for DNR campsite rental or a $40 gift certificate for use at any of the seven Indiana State Park Inns.
• Four Centennial Booklets, each detailing the history of an individual state park.
• An SPR GO! signature sportpack.
The value of the SPR GO! Trails and Waves Package is $140, for a savings of $41.
“Family budgets are tight and we want to make it just a little easier for Hoosiers to ‘Get Outside,’ which is what ‘GO!’ stands for,” said Dan Bortner, director of the DNR Division of State Parks & Reservoirs.
The SPR GO! Trails and Waves Package also is available for purchase at InnsGifts.com. Online sales will include the option of an annual Horse Tag instead of a Motorized Lake Permit.
Show visitors can also buy 2014 fishing and hunting licenses and other permits and DNR offerings, and pick up the 2014 DNR Recreation Guide and 2014 DNR Fishing Guide for free.
Saturday is Kids Day, and the DNR booth will offer the Birds of Prey program, as well as periodic visits from Smokey Bear. On Sunday, the DNR booth will offer a Snakes of Indiana program with live snakes.
Educational programs run from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.