TERRE HAUTE —
The City of Terre Haute and Arts Illiana will announce the 2012-2013 City Arts Project Grant Awards during a ceremony at 10 a.m. today. Mayor Duke Bennett will present checks to nine nonprofit organizations at Arts Illiana.
The grant funds allocated for this program are awarded to nonprofit arts organizations and arts providers with projects that are designed to provide quality arts experiences to a broad range of Terre Haute citizens. Arts Illiana administers the grant program on behalf of the city. A panel reviewed the grant applications during a public review process in early October.
The following organizations will receive funding toward a variety of arts programming and special arts projects:
• Art Spaces Inc.: “Turn to the River” Public Art Project
• Crossroads of America Youth Orchestra: After School Orchestra Program
• Crossroads Repertory Theatre: Touring family performances of musical based on Robin Hood
• Rose-Hulman Performing Arts Series: Family and School Day Series
• Swope Art Museum: Summer Youth Art Program
• Terre Haute Community Band: 2013 Community Band Festival
• Terre Haute LandmarksInc.: Historic Landmarks Architecture placemat project
• Terre Haute Symphony Association: Annual free Children’s Concert
• The Will Center: Celebrating Exceptionalities in the Arts (2013 Talent Show)
The City of Terre Haute recognizes the impact these arts organizations and arts providers have on the community to enhance cultural life and contribute to the local economy. The City Grant funds help to provide these arts projects at no cost or a reduced cost to citizens.