The 2013 Martinsville Agricultural Fair, “Family Night Every Night,” is scheduled for Sunday to July 13.
The fair will include free carnival rides starting at 6 p.m. CDT on Monday, with the $6 gate admission. Parking is free, and there will also be paid attractions.
A variety of food vendors will be available along with afternoon horse racing.
Daily shows will start at 7 p.m. in front of the grandstand. In the event of inclement weather, the concert will be held at the Martinsville High School, 300 West Cumberland, Martinsville, Ill.
• Sunday: Ball Brothers Quartet, winners of the 2011 Singing News “Horizon Group of the Year.”
• Monday: Ag-Olympic competition, three groups of grade-school children from local churches will face off in a variety of competitions, as well as three groups of 4-H groups.
• Tuesday: truck/tractor pull.
• Wednesday: Tonny Peterson Auto Thrill Show, stunt drivers.
• July 11: Barnyard Scramble, scrambles of bunnies and chicks for younger children and pigs and goats for the older children. Entries for the scramble events must be made by 4 p.m. July 11 at the Secretary’s Office.
• July 12: Flat Track Drag Races/Lawn Mower Demolition, open to any licensed driver.
• July 13: Demolition Derby and fireworks.
Horse racing, a Martinsville Fair tradition, is scheduled for 1 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Harness racing will be featured Tuesday through Thursday, with the Great Midwest Trot and Pace on Thursday afternoon. There will be thoroughbred racing on Friday, and there will also be races for quarter horses, mules and pony horses.
There will be a “Farmer for the day” Activity Center, where children can milk a cow, gather eggs, dig potatoes and pick apples, while learning about the role agriculture plays in our daily lives.
In the “Church Tent” on the east end of the midway, local musicians and performers will present their programs from 6 to 6:50 p.m.
Dennis Cappel of Hope Giver’s Ranch near Hallsville, Mo., will lead “Cowboy Church” at 6 p.m. on Friday in the church tent. Cappel is president of the ranch and president of the Missouri Ranch Horse Association.
Registration for a 5K run/walk will be at 8 a.m. July 13, with the race starting at 9 a.m.
For information about the drags and derbies, contact T. E. Promotions at 812-689-1046 or 812-871-7728 or visit kingofthederbies.com.
For more fair information, visit martinsvilleagfair.com.