Special to the Tribune-Star
About 50 works of art from artists throughout the Wabash Valley are on display now through July 29 for the Associate Artist’s Show at the Covered Bridge Art Gallery on the north side of the square in Rockville.
Although awards have been given, everyone visiting is encouraged to select his favorite.
A reception is planned for July 29.
“The Most Popular” ribbon will be given at the end of the show. The artwork will remain hanging until the end of the show, even when sold.
This year’s judge, Joe Ashby, awarded the following:
Best of Show:
• “Southern Hospitality,” watercolor by Christine Ardelean of Avon
• “Samira Bottle,” ceramic by Beth Hoke of Clinton
• “Wisteria,” oil by Darlene Lenz of Cedar Lake
• “Crinkled-White Peony,” photograph by Jim McMullen of Terre Haute
• “Old Card Sharks,” watercolor by Marilyn Wildman of Danville, Ind.
• “Old Mill,” inlaid by Deborah Anderson of Carbon
• “Prarie Warbler,” acrylic, by Monty Jones of Terre Haute
• “Back Home in Indiana,” photograph by Rob Robbins of Terre Haute
• “First Sleigh Ride,” watercolor by Marilyn of Danville, Ind.
• “Tribute to Uncle Clyde,” acrylic by Monty Jones of Terre Haute
• “Proud,” colored pencil by Darlen Lenz of Cedar Lake
• “Untitled,” mixed media by Jane Lubbenhusen of Terre Haute
• “Old Church Window,” photograph by Jim McMullen of Terre Haute
• “Sunlit Passage,” watercolor by Christine Ardelean of Avon
• “Fall Medley,” watercolor by Shirley Freeman of Oxford
• “Ginkgo Biloba,” mono print by Laura Mason of Terre Haute
• “Wooden Bowl,” wood by Cynthia Sartor of Clinton
The Gallery is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily (except Tuesdays) and from 1 to 5 p.m. Sundays.
For more information call (765) 569-9422.