TERRE HAUTE — Community calendar events for Vigo and surrounding counties.
• Disabled American Veterans van transport to Indianapolis VA Hospital, leaves 6 a.m.; or to Danville, Ill., medical facility, leaves promptly at 8 a.m., both from parking lot of Denny’s Restaurant, Third and Poplar streets; to reserve a seat, call Veteran’s Assistance Center, Vigo County Annex, 812-462-3261.
• St. Ann’s Clinic, medical treatment for people at poverty level with no insurance, 1 to 4 p.m., 1436 Locust St. No appointment necessary. Accepting unexpired medications; call 812-232-7447.
• Blood drive, 3 to 8 p.m., Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College; sponsored by Indiana Blood Center, 800-632-4722.
• Q&A forum with Terre Haute Mayor Duke Bennett and Matthew Bergbower, Indiana State University assistant professor of political science, 3:30 to 5 p.m., Federal Hall courtroom, 30 N. Seventh St. Event is part of the ISU semester-long series, “Our Town.”
• Reading River Writers book club, “River Horse,” by William Least Heat-Moon, 7 p.m., Java Haute, 3805 Wabash Ave., www.vigo.lib.in.us/community/bookclubs.
• Dine with a Doc® brunch, free, featuring Dr. Belarmino Frogozo, 10 a.m. to noon, Clay County Citizen’s Center, 120 S. Franklin St., Brazil; presented by Senior Education Ministries Inc., lunch provided by Cloverleaf Healthcare of Knightsville; reservations, 812-232-3245.
• Blood drive, 2:30 to 6:30 p.m., South Vermillion High School, Clinton; sponsored by Indiana Blood Center, 800-632-4722.