• Free Vigo County School Corp. adult GED classes daily through Friday, times and locations vary, Vigo County School Corp. Adult Education Center, 961 Lafayette Ave., 812-462-4479 or 462-4070.
• Disabled American Veterans van transport to Indianapolis VA Hospital, leaves 6 a.m.; or to Danville, Ill., medical facility, leaves promptly at 8 a.m., both from parking lot of Denny’s Restaurant, Third and Poplar streets; to reserve a seat, call Veteran’s Assistance Center, Vigo County Annex, 812-462-3261.
• Free computer lab for job-search purposes, every weekday, also access to phone for local calls; résumé-building software and self-taught tutorials, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Wabash Valley Goodwill Industries, 2702 S. Third St. and 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., 600 S. Third St., 812-235-1827, ext. 236.
• Afterschool Adventures, grades 3 to 5, 4 p.m., meeting rooms A, B and C, Vigo County Public Library, Seventh and Poplar streets; sponsored by Friends of the Library; registration required, 812-232-1113, ext. 2294.
• County Parks and Recreation Department board meeting, 4 p.m., County Council meeting room, 127 Oak St.
• Installation ceremony, recently-elected officers for Terre Haute branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, 6:30 p.m., St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church, 1000 S. 15th St.; includes general membership meeting.
Clark County, Ill.
• Book club meeting, “City of Women” by David R. Gillham, 6:30 p.m., Dale McConchie meeting room, Marshall Public Library, 612 Archer Ave., Marshall, Ill., 217-826-2535 or www.marshallillibrary.com.
• Clay County Genealogical Library, open 1 to 4 p.m. today, Wednesday and Saturday, 309 Main St., Clay City.
• Sit and Knit, all ages, bring own supplies, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m., Rockville Public Library, 106 N. Market St., Rockville, 765-569-5544.