TERRE HAUTE —
• Disabled American Veterans van transport to Indianapolis VA Hospital, leaves 6 a.m.; or to Danville, Ill., medical facility, leaves promptly at 8 a.m., both from parking lot of Denny’s Restaurant, Third and Poplar streets; to reserve a seat, call Veteran’s Assistance Center, Vigo County Annex, 812-462-3261.
• Blood drive, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., sponsored by Indiana Blood Center, McLean High School, and 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Ivy Tech Community College, 800-632-4722.
• Family Service Association Counseling Board meeting, noon, conference room, Terre Haute Savings Bank, main branch.
• Infant storytime, 10 a.m., infant to 17 months, meeting room B; preschool storytime, 10 a.m., meeting room C; toddler storytime, ages 18 to 36 months, 11 a.m., meeting room B, Vigo County Public Library, Seventh and Popular streets, 812-232-1113, ext. 2294.
• St. Ann’s Clinic, medical treatment for people at poverty level with no insurance, 1 to 4 p.m., 1436 Locust St. No appointment necessary. Accepting unexpired medications; call 812-232-7447.
• “The Vigo County Home: Digging into the Past,” presentation on excavation of 19th century graves and discovering life of the time, by Shawn Phillips, associate professor of anthropology at Indiana State University, 1:30 p.m., Westminster Village. Event is part of the Indiana State University semester-long series “Our Town.”
• Wired Wednesday, computer questions session, 1:30 p.m., Vigo County Public Library, Seventh and Popular streets; registration required, 812-232-1115.
• Dr. Seuss On the Loose, crafts and activites featuring Terre Haute Girl Scouts, 6 p.m., meeting rooms A, B and C, Vigo County Public Library, Seventh and Popular streets, 812-232-1113, ext. 2294.
• Dinesh D’Souza, author “Islam vs. the West: A Clash of Civilizations,” University Speakers Series, 7 p.m., Tilson Auditorium, Indiana State University, 812-237-3783 or www.indstate.edu/speaker/.